Are you ready for winter?
Now is the time to start thinking about winterizing your boat. A little effort now can save you from much greater expense should you suffer damage over the winter period. Please be aware we are limited to approximately 150 hard standing spaces over winter. Space is allocated on a first come first serve basis so it is advisable to return your winterizing form asap to avoid missing out. We will be organising and operating the lifter, If you would like your boat winterizng there is the option on the form to instruct Acaster Marine to winterize your boat.
You can be present if you wish. Acaster Marine have requested that engine bays, generators etc are kindly left clear of obstructions so they can access them easily.
Download the form by clicking the link below:
You can scan and e-mail the form back to our firstname.lastname@example.org address. If you don’t have a scanner take a picture of your completed form with your smartphone or alternatively fill the form out in person at reception.
Please remember to indicate whether you want electricity or not whilst on hard standing as this will dictate where you are placed in the Marina. Those boats not requesting electric will be placed in areas away from electric points. Anyone hooked-up to the electric will be charged the weekly rental from the date they are lifted to when they go back in.
If you wish to do the works yourself, please keep the following in mind:
- Make sure the engine is drained or has been winterized appropriately. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Check antifreeze mix is strong enough in coolant systems
- Close sea cocks if staying afloat to prevent sinking
- Make sure the batteries are on charge or removed
- Remove canopies and replace with older winter canopies or tonneau covers if you have one. Be aware of the weight of snow
- Leave a dehumidifier, moisture crystals or small heater running to prevent damp inside the cabin