Job Vacancies at York Marina
Please find below a list of current job vacancies we currently have at York Marina. We are always interested to hear from hard working people with an experienced background in the marine industry. If we don’t have a position listed but you think you’ve got something to add to our team we’d like to hear from you. Please send your CV into us by e-mail or post. You can find our contact details on our Get in Touch here.
Marina Operative Position
If you are interested please call 01904 621021 and ask to speak to Phil Robinson or Richard Bleakley for an initial chat.
A great opportunity to work in a lovely location at York Marina has come available! We are looking for someone with a good work ethic and an all-rounder to come and join our family business. Immediate start full time.
The ideal candidate would be:
- A personable general handy person that can turn their hand to different skill sets when needed
- A background as an engineer/mechanic/builder/handyman/Welder
- Someone who has a knowledge and past experience of boats
- Someone who likes to work predominantly outdoors in all weathers
- A quick learner that can take instruction to do a wide variety of tasks
- Be personable and confident enough to deal with customers
- Have some boating experience but not essential
Your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- General Marina Maintenance
- Gardening, grass cutting and yard maintenance,
- Dealing with Customer enquiries and general customer care
- Plant maintenance and repairs
- Boat Handling
- Boat cleaning and preparation
- Toilet block maintenance
- Boat hire cleaning, maintenance and customer handovers
- Boat lifting and chocking
- Chandlery shop sales
The right candidate:
- Will be well organised and be able to integrate with a small team as well as show initiative and work independently.
- Will be thorough to carry out work efficiently and to a high standard
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Will be flexible and be able to multi task
- Will be willing to go that extra mile to do whatever’s necessary to improve the marina and customer service
- Must be available to work at least one day on a weekend, be flexible with rotas and provide holiday cover