Covid 19 Update: 11th of March 2021
The Yacht Harbour Association have produced a useful graphical overview of the lifting of lockdown restrictions.
Covid 19 Update: 3rd of March 2021
We have finally received guidance from British Marine as to how the Governments 4 step plan to ease lockdown will affect the marina.
We will be re-opening in line with the guidance as follows, this is subject to ongoing review with the Government meeting the criteria for the 4 tests at each stage of re-opening.
Whilst comprehensive the guidance does not cover some specific areas like boat maintenance that members have asked for guidance on.
Therefore The Yacht Harbour Association’s interpretation (where clear guidance is not available from Government) is as follows:
- If a boat owner needs to work on their boat to ensure that it is safe to use (seaworthy) then this is permitted from 8th March
- Other general maintenance on boats is not permitted until 12th April at the earliest
Until the 29th of March:
- The marina is open for business services such as boatyard activities including boat lifts and servicing work.
- No overnight stays are allowed on boats except where the boat is used as a primary residence.
- The marina is allowed to supply essential services to people using their boats as a primary residence. Therefore supply of fuel/gas/electric/pump out tokens will continue.
- Marina toilets and showers are allowed to remain open for resident boat owners. We will however be reducing the number of cubicles open to 2 gents and ladies due to the reduction in demand.
- As our shop/chandlery sells essential items such as food and hardware it will remain open for purchases. However ‘call and collect’ is preferable.
- Access control systems may remain open to customers however marinas should encourage berth holders to adhere to government rules requiring people to stay at home.
- You should only travel for essential purposes such as for food and work and medical appointments. Therefore you are advised not to travel to your boat for any reason.
- Showrooms and other premises inc outdoor areas used for the sale of boats or any other vehicle must stay closed. This means any physical boat viewings or demonstrations cannot take place until the 12th of April. We will still be handling email and phone enquiries as well as doing virtual viewings over video calls if you are interested in any boat for sale.
- The marina team will be on hand to top up any electric for you as well do general checks around the marina. If you would like us to check on your boat please contact us.
Step 1 29th of March
- Private boating for recreation is allowed (1 household for indoor boats & 6 people / 2 households for outdoor boats e.g RIBs) Minimise travel (stay at home rules lifted). Overnight stays should not take place.
- Self Drive day hire boats will commence. (single household bubble only). Minimise travel staying local
Step 2 No earlier than the 12th of April
- Same as step 1 plus guidance against overnight stays lifted (single household bubble only). Minimise travel staying local
- The Waterfront will Re-Open for outdoor hospitality. Rule of 6 or 2 households for outdoor seating only.
- The Caravan Site will re-open for domestic holidays (single household only) Shared bathing facilities will remain closed until Step 3
- Boat Sales and brokerage re-opening in line with non-essential retail.
- Floating lodge holiday bookings can commence (self-contained accommodation)
Step 3 No earlier than the 17th of May
- Same as step 2 with private boating allowed for 6 people / 2 households for indoor boats. Minimise travel
- The Waterfront will Re-Open fully. The requirement to order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’) will remain;
Step 4 No earlier than the 21st of June
- No restrictions. (subject to review).
We are anticipating that when we reopen we will be extremely busy. If you are thinking about selling your boat please let us know. We still have huge demand from last year and now is a great time to get advertising your boat in time for re-opening. Prices are remaining strong and we are still receiving good enquiries.
The marina office will remain open for now and contactable on 01904 621021 and firstname.lastname@example.org during opening hours. Due to the above restrictions and some staff being furloughed we are reducing our office opening hours to 10am -2pm Tuesday to Saturday until further notice.