Covid 19 Update: 05.01.2021
Further to the Prime Ministers public address last night we are having to close the majority of our business once again. In order to simplify everything as much as possible please see the bullet points below.
- The Waterfront Cafe will remain closed until further notice. Although takeaways are still permitted we don’t think this is viable particularly at this stage in the season. Any future bookings will be cancelled until we are allowed to re-open.
- The marina can stay open for business services such as boatyard activities including boat lifts and servicing work.
- No overnight stays are allowed on boats except where the boat is used as a primary residence.
- The marina is allowed to supply essential services to people using their boats as a primary residence. Therefore supply of fuel/gas/electric/pump out tokens will continue.
- Marina toilets and showers are allowed to remain open. We will however be reducing the number of cubicles open to 2 gents and ladies due to the reduction in demand.
- Access control systems may remain open to customers however marinas should encourage berth holders to adhere to government rules requiring people to stay at home.
- You should only travel for essential purposes such as for food and work and medical appointments. Therefore you are advised not to travel to your boat for any reason.
- As all hospitality and leisure has to close the caravan site, floating lodge bookings and boat hire will cease until further notice. If you have a booking with us please contact us asap preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your booking.
- Showrooms and other premises inc outdoor areas used for the sale of boats or any other vehicle must stay closed. This means any physical boat viewings or demonstrations cannot take place until further notice. We will still be handling email and phone enquiries as well as doing virtual viewings over video calls if you are interested in any boat for sale.
- We are still taking bookings for winter lift outs and winterizing. If you would like your boat to be lifted or winterized please fill out the winterizing form and e-mail to us at the email@example.com address. The form can be viewed here…https://yorkmarina.co.uk/winterizing/
- As our shop/chandlery sells essential items such as food and hardware it will remain open for purchases. However ‘call and collect’ is preferable.
- The marina team will be on hand to top up any electric for you as well do general checks around the marina. If you would like us to check on your boat please contact us.
- We are anticipating that when we reopen we will be extremely busy. If you are thinking about selling your boat please let us know. We still have huge demand from last year and now is a great time to get advertising your boat in time for re-opening. Prices are remaining strong and we are still receiving good enquiries.
The marina office will remain open for now and contactable on 01904 621021 and firstname.lastname@example.org during opening hours. Due to the above restrictions and some staff being furloughed we are reducing our office opening hours to 10am -2pm Tuesday to Saturday until further notice.